Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 2 - the Eiffel Tower

Today, Barb, Jimmila and I are off to see the Eiffel Tower.  Need to get our sightseeing done first before spending all my money on beads and trims.  Have done a little shopping. 
We found a great little shop where we buy 'daily' scarves. 
 We also go to a Pharmacy every day. 


Found these trinkets in an antique store.
Other things I found include antique buttons,
old coins, old keys and  'found objects'. 
Don't know what I'm  going to do with these.
Maybe I will be inspired by what we see today.

We're going to take the Metro -
which is an adventure in itself.
Stay tuned for our  'Subway Stories'.

The Tour Eiffel is just a block from the Metro.
When it was built for the 1889 World's Fair,
commemorating the French Revolution,
the Tour Eiffel faced massive opposition
from Paris' artistic and literary elite.
It is 1,063 feet high and was the tallest
building in the world at the time it was built.

View from the second level. 
High enough for me.

I see jewelry inspiration
 
Barb and Jimmila went all the way to the top. 
Doesn't it look cozy up there. The tower between them
is Montparnasse tower and 689 feet tall, 
one of Paris' first skyscrapers. 

View from the top. 
This photo makes me dizzy just looking at it.


They say that on a clear day
you can see a distance of 45 miles.

 

 The glass topped structure center left is the Grand Palais.
It started to rain in the late afternoon - so made our way back
to the apartment to decide on dinner.




Spent the evening beading the "Trio of Bangles". I know, I know it's only a Duo.   I was sick before I left home so didn't pack until a few hours before.  I had beads already packed for weeks but then I changed my mind on some projects.  So didn't have enough crystals to finish the third bangle which is going to be a mid-tone teal color.





Here shown with another bracelet made with Peyote Beaded Beads and Swarovski crystals.



A number of Spring 2013 fashion shows today including Nina Ricci, Balenciaga, Carven, Balmain, Lanvin and others.  The Nina Ricci show  was held at the jardin des Tuileries which spans the area from the Louvre Museum and the Place de la Concorde. Very pretty show with feminine, colorful fabrics,  compared to some of the other shows. First 10 minutes (that have been deleted)  started with falling rose petals making it look like falling snow. This video is about 5 minutes long. 





No comments: